Dr. Mike Lappin and I are teaming up with Dr. Carrie Jurney (President of Not One More Vet) and Dr. Steve Weinrauch (Chief Veterinary/Product Officer of Trupanion, founder of MightyVet) for a webinar about canine infectious respiratory disease complex (CIRDC) issues in the US (plus some Canadian content). There may be a lot of “we don’t know yet” comments, but we’ll have some insights, some reasonable guesses and, yes, a bit of new data about the situation.
Disclaimer: This webinar is coordinated by Trupanion, a pet insurance company, but it’s a non-commercial talk, and we’re not being paid to do it. We’re just hoping to get some good information out to a broader audience by making use of Trupanion’s interest and reach.
Here are the details about the webinar and how to join:
Trupanion is inviting pet parents and veterinary professionals to join a free, live webinar – “Separating Fact, Fiction, and Uncertainty: Canine Respiratory Illness Q&A” to be held Thursday, November 30, 2023, at 4:30 PM PT / 7:30 PM ET.
This timely event will include:
- REAL-TIME UPDATES: Stay informed with the latest updates on canine respiratory illness, leveraging Trupanion’s database of over 3 million Trupanion-protected pets.
- PREVENTION STRATEGIES: Learn effective strategies and practical measures you can take to safeguard your pup’s health.
- SIGNS TO WATCH FOR: Learn how to recognize early signs, empowering you to take proactive steps to address potential concerns.
- LIVE ANSWERS TO PARTICIPANT QUESTIONS: Participants can engage directly with the panel of experts to ask questions about canine respiratory health.
- Date: November 30, 2023
- Time: 4:30pm PT / 7:30pm ET
- Location: https://k9illness.trupanion.com/
- Panelist | Dr. Scott Weese: Dr. Scott Weese is a veterinary internist, a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, and a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences. He is a Professor at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Director of the University of Guelph Centre for Public Health and Zoonoses, Chief of Infection Control at the Ontario Veterinary College Health Sciences Centre, and is a member of numerous national and international committees dealing with infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance, including the Quadripartite (WHO, WOAH, FAO, UNEP) Global Leaders Group on AMR.
- Panelist | Dr. Michael Lappin: Dr. Michael Lappin is a veterinary internist, a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, holds a PhD in Parasitology, is Director of the Center for Companion Animal Studies at Colorado State University School of Veterinary Medicine and Chair of the World Small Animal Veterinary Association One Health Committee. He is also currently a Professor at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University.
- Special Guest | Dr. Carrie Jurney: Dr. Carrie Jurney is a veterinary neurologist and practice owner at Remedy Veterinary Specialists in San Francisco. She is a passionate advocate for mental health and wellbeing, and serves as the president of Not One More Vet 501(c)(3), the world’s largest wellness-focused charity for veterinary professionals.
- Host | Dr. Steve Weinrauch: Dr. Steve Weinrauch, BVMS, MRCVS is the Chief Veterinary/Product Officer of Trupanion and founder of MightyVet 501(c)(3). Before joining Trupanion, Steve built and ran three veterinary practices in the Seattle area. He has published his research in numerous peer reviewed journals, and he is licensed to practice in both the U.S.A. and the European Union.
Please note: the webinar recording will be available for on-demand viewing at https://k9illness.trupanion.com/